The CFE-60 is the worlds most advanced freeze fracture apparatus. It combines
the highest specification with maximum versatility. The adaptability of its
modular construction makes it an outstanding research machine. Its simplicity
of use makes it a true multi-user apparatus.
The main features of the system are:-
- Desktop turbo pumped vacuum system.
- Microprocessor sequence controller gives ultra-clean, high speed pumping.
- Sophisticated cryo-shielding gives contamination free replicas.
- Pumped dewar gives stage temperatures down to -200°C, (for grain free Pt).
- Rotary and uni-directional shadowing by Pt, Pt/C or W/Ta.
- 1200W automatic power unit gives reproducible multi-shot W/Ta shadowing.
- Accurate stage control gives precise etching depths.
- Airlocks for sample changing, knife changing and carbon source changing.